Summer Reading 2019 – June 1st to August 31st
Summer Reading is for all ages and is a great time to read, explore, and learn!
Getting started is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- All ages start by signing up HERE or you can register the next time you visit the library.
- Children - find your age group below to download a bingo sheet.
- Start reading and have fun!
Remember to choose what YOU want to read and the WAY you want to read it!
- Parents, grandparents, caregivers - reading books and stories with children counts.
- Children reading on their own counts.
- Listening to audio books counts.
- Reading eBooks counts.
Look at our Summer Event Calendar to see all the performers, programs and activities you can explore!
Kids ages birth to 5:
- Print out the Pre-Reader Bingo sheet or pick up a Pre-Reader Bingo sheet at the library.
- Complete one row or many! Bring your Pre-Reader Bingo sheet to the library for your prize book between August 1st – 31st.
Kids entering grades K - 5:
- Print out the Elementary Reading log or pick up an Elementary Reading log at the library.
- Keep track of your reading by coloring a box for every 20 minutes read.
- Read 400 minutes and bring your Elementary Reading log to the library for a half-way prize – a Space Activity Pack starting July 15th.
- Read 800 minutes and bring your Elementary Reading log to the library to choose a prize book & Super Reader sign starting August 1st.
Teens entering grades 6 - 12:
- Print out the Teen Bingo sheet or pick up a Teen Bingo sheet at the library.
- Set a reading goal for yourself and start reading!
- When you reach your goal bring your Teen Bingo sheet to the library for your choice of a book or gift card to Watermark Books.
All prize books are available from August 1st to 31st. All finishers will also be entered into the Summer Reading Grand Prize Drawing for their age group. Prize drawings will be held on September 6th.
Summer Reading is for everyone this year, and all participants will be entered to win the grand prize, a gorgeous Orion Telescope courtesy of NASA@ My Library. Sign-ups begin June 1st online, and reading logs are available at the front desk. Stay tuned for special events and a NASA@ My Library Summer Science Series in July. Get more chances to win by finding us at outreach events all summer, completing your summer reading log (just write down the books you read and show us by August 31st, there is no minimum or maximum as long as you’re reading).
- Reading Logs are available at the Library. Don’t miss our NASA@ My Library Speaker Series in July.