Latest Phase 2 Information
All curbside and online services will continue to be available from the Anacortes Public Library under the latest COVID-19 restrictions announced by Gov. Jay Inslee on Sunday, Nov. 15. We were excited when libraries were added to phase two reopening at 25% capacity recently, and worked quickly to get staffing in place and get the facility ready per the state requirements. Then Skagit County moved back into the High Risk category.
Given the risks and unknowns as we head into a holiday season, we have made the difficult decision to pause all reopening plans and wait until COVID numbers decrease.
Those services include pickup of physical materials Monday-Saturday from 11am-4pm with extended hours on Tuesdays until 6pm. Reserve items online and then pick them up in the library parking lot, delivered right to your car. Visit our website for exciting resources and updates. Customers who miss browsing the shelves can get help from library staff via phone or in the children's department by filling out an online form for Personalized Picks.
We eagerly await the day when we can welcome you all back into the library. In the meantime we will continue to provide the current services you depend on. We will ensure physical materials are quarantined following state guidelines before being made available for further circulation. We will keep finding new ways to provide you with at home activities.
Your Library Team
Monday through Saturday 11am - 4pm, Tuesday 11am - 6pm
HOW IT WORKS
- Requests for materials can be placed in our online catalog.
- Visit the library during pickup hours once you receive a notification that your items are ready for pickup. We are limiting checkouts to 5 items per card.
- Park in one of the three designated spaces in the front of the library parking lot and call the posted number (360-293-1910) to reach library staff. No cell phone? Ring the doorbell next to back book drops on 9th St. and staff will assist you.
- Let us know your name and the pickup spot number you are parked in.
- A staff member will bring your items out to your car. We ask that you wear a mask for the safety of our staff and other patrons.
If you have items to return, please drop them off in our back book drops during return hours.
- Monday through Saturday 11am - 4pm, Tuesday 11am - 6pm
- Please drop off books during these hours only, as it gives our staff time to quarantine the books for 24 hours before processing.
- We still can’t accept donations of books or magazines. While we appreciate your kindness, please keep any donations you have at home until the library and FriendShop reopen in the future.
Red Bag Pantry
Due to our closure the Red Bag Pantry has been moved to right outside the main entrance to the library. For those in need of food support you can reach out to:
- A Simple Gesture at 360-399-6463
- Anacortes Family Center at 360-293-2993
All in-person services are suspended during the Library closure. For immediate assistance during weekdays or Saturday between 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, please contact the library directly where staff are available via phone at: 360-293-1910. Digital resources are available 24/7 during this time.
For more detailed inquiries please contact a member of our management team directly via email:
Jeff Vogel, Director
Email Jeff Vogel
Reference Questions, Databases, Item Requests, Website, Digital Services
Sydney Brady, Public Services Manager
Email Sydney Brady
Customer Service, Community Meeting Room, Passports, Volunteers
Diana Farnsworth, Librarian
Email Diana Farnsworth
Press inquiries/Marketing, Reference Questions, Adult Programs, Teen Services
Leslie Wilson, Youth Services Librarian
Email Leslie Wilson
Children’s Programs & Item Requests, Outreach and Coordination with Schools
For advanced digital & technical assistance contact one of our automation assistants via phone (360)293-1910 or email:
Rossy Trejo - Email Rossy or (360) 299-1943.
JJ Small - Email JJ or (360) 299-1518.