The library is closed indefinitely, including the Community Meeting Room, study rooms, Friends of the Library bookshop, and all holds and checkouts are suspended as well.
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 360-293-1910 from 11:00 am - 4:30 pm.
You can view the latest library press release by following this link.
A Letter From the Director
Anacortes Library Community,
The current COVID-19 quarantine has thrown many challenges at our library in the past few weeks, but staff are working through the many issues, known and unknown, as they come up. While it was a very difficult decision to close our library facility to the public, I am confident that we are making the best choice for our staff and community. We have appreciated your well-wishes and concern from afar – we miss you!
As we find ourselves in a temporary “new normal” for library operations, here are our plans for continuing to serve you while you are at home or going about your day. During this time we are offering:
- Email reference services – Monday through Friday, 11:00am – 4:30pm
- Online activities and storytimes and training sessions on how to navigate e-resources (watch our Facebook page or website for links coming soon!)
- Increased purchasing of eBooks and eAudiobooks
- An online library card signup process so that patrons can get cards and use them for e-materials
- Daily wifi in our parking lot
Over the past week, we have focused staff to ensure continuity of operations and services whenever possible. They have been bombarded with changes, including new tools and technology, and have handled it like absolute rock stars! Here are just a few of their tasks:
- Responding to reference questions via email and phone
- Selecting and preparing orders of new physical items for the library
- Ordering and making immediately available new eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Attending professional development trainings online
- Planning summer and fall programs, including the Summer Reading Program
- Creating “how-to” videos to better connect to library resources
- Continuous communication with our community via Facebook, e-newsletters, and our website
Thank you for all your support during this time. Many heartfelt thanks to Mayor Gere for all her leadership, forward-thinking and community-focused decision making that has enabled us to quickly adjust our library services to best meet the needs of our patrons and staff. I am heartened by the collaboration, support, and ingenuity in motion across our community as I know our Board of Trustees are. Keep the great, smart ideas coming. Be well, and we hope to see you in person soon!
Ruth Barefoot, Director
Red Bag Pantry
Due to our closure the Red Bag Pantry has been moved to right outside the main entrance to the library. For those in need of food support you can reach out to:
- A Simple Gesture at 360-399-6463
- Anacortes Family Center at 360-293-2993
Digital Library and Online Resources
Though you can’t come in to the library and checkout books and other items, we have even more materials for you to read, watch, and listen to from the comfort of your own home!
Look at the links below to find out more about our digital offerings.
All in-person services are suspended during the Library closure. For immediate assistance during weekdays between 11:00am to 4:30pm, please contact the library directly where staff are available via phone at: 360-293-1910. Digital resources are available 24/7 during this time.
For more detailed inquiries please contact a member of our management team directly via email:
Sydney Brady, Public Services Manager
Customer Service, Community Meeting Room, Passports, Volunteers
Diana Farnsworth, Librarian
Press inquiries/Marketing, Reference Questions, Adult Programs, Teen Services
Jeff Vogel, Librarian
Reference Questions, Databases, Item Requests, Website, Digital Services
Leslie Wilson, Youth Services Librarian
Children’s Programs & Item Requests, Outreach and Coordination with Schools
For advanced digital & technical assistance contact one of our automation assistants via phone (360)293-1910 or email:
Rossy Trejo-Cuevas - email@example.com or (360) 299-1943
JJ Small - firstname.lastname@example.org