The Anacortes Public Library acts as a Passport Acceptance Facility for processing new passports, passport cards, and passports that have been expired for more than 5 years.
Appointments are required. Our hours are as follows:
- Tuesdays: 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- Wednesdays: 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- Saturdays: 11:30am to 3:00pm
Before making an appointment, please read the requirements listed below.
We look forward to assisting you. Please be prepared with the following:
- Your completed DS-11 form (in black ink or typed):
- Your proof of citizenship in the form a certified birth certificate, or a previous US passport, or Naturalization Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
- Your proof of identity which includes a valid driver license, or current military ID, or current Government ID, or previous U.S. passport, or Certificate of Citizenship, or Naturalization Certificate.Please note that if your driver license has been issued in the last year, you’ll need secondary picture ID.
- Your passport photo (must be 2”x 2” and meet all U.S. Department of state requirements). See:
- A check or money order for each application made out to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate amount: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/fees.html
- $35.00 passport acceptance fee (per application) paid to the Anacortes Public Library (we accept check,cash or card).
NOTE: If you have a U.S. Passport that is not more than 5 years expired, you can renew your passport using form DS-82 and submit it by mail (you do not need to meet with an acceptance agent). We cannot process Renewal applications.
NOTE: If you are under 16 you must bring your birth certificate (even if you have a previous passport), and both parents must be present with applicant and must have proof of identity.
Clicking on the blue button takes you to the library’s passport calendar signup page; pick a half hour appointment per applicant, and register. If you are a family with multiple applicants, please book one appointment per applicant to allow for enough time. Please arrive 10 minutes before the time of your passport appointment.
If you arrive after the time of your appointment, the passport agent may not have time to process your passport, and your appointment may be canceled.