ASD Student Information
All students enrolled in the Anacortes School District are able to use their student ID card as their public library card.
Our partnership with the ASD provides many benefits:
- Access to thousands of library materials - print and digital resources.
- Expectation of responsibility. Students will be taught the requirements of using the student card as part of their digital curriculum.
- Access is expanded to all students, not just those who live inside city limits.
Note: Don't use the 0 (zero) at the start of your ID number.
Notice: Student library cards will be renewed automatically come September 30th, so please ignore any notification you get about contacting the library to renew.
What You Need to Know
- How does this all work? - Current students, as well as incoming students, will automatically have a library account created using their Student ID Number. Your teacher will give you all of the details at the start of the year.
- What is my student ID? All students receive a Student ID number from ASD that stays with them each year. If you don't know yours, (elementary students don't receive ID cards typically), you can contact your school or us here at the Public Library to find out what it is.
- How long does my card last? - Your library card is active as long as you are a student in the district. Membership gets renewed on September 30th so you can enjoy the library all summer long.
- How many items can I checkout? - Student library account can checkout up to 10 items at a time.
- Can I use the self-checkout with my Student ID Number? - Yes! You can either scan your Student ID like you would a regular library card or enter your 6-digit ID number.
- How do I login to the library catalog or access digital resources? - To login to the catalog and most of our online resources and database, all you need is your Student ID Number and library account password.
- What is my library password? - Your library password is the last four digits of your Student ID Number.
- Can I opt out? - Yes, you can opt your child out this offer by using the form linked on the Anacortes School District Public Library page.
What You Can do With Your Library Card
Having a library card offers you so many possibilities. Here are just some of the amazing resources you have at your disposal.
- Books, books, and more books! Either physical or digital books and audiobooks via OverDrive and Hoopla.
- Writing a paper? Learning a new language? Use our online databases and learning resources to get started.
- STEAM kits and other activities
- Streaming movies, TV shows, music, and more with Hoopla
- Video Games - PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. It's time to level up!
- OverDrive - If you no longer see your loans or holds on OverDrive click the button below to let us know.
- Hoopla - Not able to borrow anything on Hoopla? Follow these steps to verify your library card information.
- Login to your account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Under Settings -> Library, enter your new library card number and password.You account will be the same since it's linked to your email.
Teacher Request Form
|Librarian: Diana Farnsworth|
Mobile: 360-899-8218 --Text or Call
|Children's Librarian: Leslie Wilson|