Business & Computer
Small Business Reference Center
Valuable for starting a company, operations management and sales, and growing or rescuing a business. Nearly 400 full-text periodicals and over 450 full-text reference books. Videos and state-specific information. 14-digit library number may be required. Get started with the Small Business Reference Center
Legal Information Reference Center
Legal Information Reference Center is an online database designed to assist the general public in legal matters of all kinds. It includes exclusive full text for many top consumer legal reference books, as well as thousands of legal forms. Get started with LIRC
Computer Source provides researchers with the latest information and current trends in high technology. This database offers full text for nearly 300 publications and indexing and abstracts for nearly 450 publications. 14-digit library number may be required. Get Started With Computer Source
The Washington State Library Microsoft Imagine Academy program provides access to online learning resources, free of charge for all Washington residents and employees. Materials are available covering 4 content areas: Microsoft Office applications, computer science, data science, and IT infrastructure.
To access the Microsoft Imagine Academy online learning resources complete the form below and click Submit.
Logging in with a Microsoft account is no longer required (there is no login), although patrons are asked to enter zip code and self-attest that they live or work in Washington state. Once these form requirements have been met, patrons will be taken to WSL’s MSIA Download page, where they will be able to download the new content to their own device, or view it in the Cloud. Information on the Access page and on the Download page will be updated and new files added as they become available over the next few weeks; a link to the free OneNote download is provided for desktop users who may not have it installed.
What’s available NOW:
- MSIA Online Learning Directories – available for download/Cloud viewing as separate Excel files or a single Microsoft OneNote file. Each Excel file is a separate Online Learning Directory, there are files for each of the 4 learning pathways (described below); the OneNote file combines the 4 Online Learning Directories into a single package. Each Online Learning Directory is organized into multiple ‘courses’ of study:
- Microsoft Office 2016 (4 courses): Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (content supporting the Expert level exams is coming soon, in the form of OneNote Course Packages (described below).
- Computer Science (4 courses): Technopreneurship: From Pitch to Prototype, Introduction to Python, HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals, and Software Development Fundamentals
- Data Science (7 courses): Microsoft Excel 2016, Database Fundamentals, Introduction to Data Science, Working with Non-Relational Data, Using Data in Software Applications, Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Excel 2016, and Data Science and Machine Learning Essentials
- IT Infrastructure (2 courses): Networking Fundamentals, Security Fundamentals.
- Click on the MSIA link to direct to the Access page at https://www.sos.wa.gov/library/libraries/projects/ita/info.aspx