- Your Government
- Auxiliary Patrol
The Anacortes Citizens Auxiliary Patrol is a volunteer organization consisting of over 60 volunteers who work under the supervision of the Anacortes Police Department. The Auxiliary patrol was founded in 1992 by volunteers joining together to form an expanded neighborhood watch program.
Over the years, two separate groups have evolved: the Downtown Patrol and the West End patrol. Each group serves as extra "eyes and ears" for the Anacortes Police Department.
The Auxiliary Patrol has logged thousands of service hours for the City of Anacortes.
Services Provided Include
- Delivering community notifications regarding registered sex offenders
- House checks for persons who are on vacation
- Issuing warning notices to people who park improperly in disabled parking spaces
- Patrolling business areas on foot after hours to ensure that doors and windows are secure
- Providing police support or traffic control at special community events
- Watching for and reporting suspicious or out of place behavior
- General patrol
Joining the Citizens Auxiliary Patrol
The Anacortes Police Department is committed to the growth and continued success of this program. In a spirit of cooperation and partnership with the community, our pledge is to recruit, train, and retain dedicated volunteers who will participate in meaningful community safety, security, and service activities.
To submit an application, please do the following:
- Follow this link to the Anacortes Police Citizens Auxiliary Patrol Application
- Complete the form in your web browser, and submit. Fill out as many fields as possible. Please read the form carefully and provide your digital signature, date, time, and place on the bottom.