Solid Waste & Recycling
More Recycling = Less Garbage
Recycling is everyone's responsibility. It helps keep our environment healthier by reducing the amount of materials sent to landfills as well as reducing consumption of resources. The City of Anacortes is committed to making recycling easy for its residents. The more you recycle, the less you will throw away. Think about downsizing to a 21-gallon tote and save a little money each month on your utility bill.
Prepare recyclables for collection in your co-mingled cart:
- No Food, Liquid or Plastic Bags
- Remove All Lids From Containers
- Metal Containers - Labels Do Not Need to Be Removed. Example: Soup Cans
- Do Not Tie Down Lid With Bungee Cords or Rope, but You May Use Small Strips of Velcro Between the Lid and Cart
- Flatten All Cardboard. Oversized Cardboard May Be Placed Next to Container
- Put Additional Recyclables in Sturdy Boxes or Large Paper Bags Next to Your Recycle Cart, Not to Exceed 60 Pounds
Questions about your recycling service, missed collection or what is recyclable, should be directed to Waste Management at 800-592-9995.
Organics (Yard Waste & Food Scraps) Tote
Beginning August 1, 2015, the City of Anacortes will be contracting with Waste Management for Organics (Yard Waste and Food Scraps) collection. Waste Management will provide the service, which will appear on your monthly City of Anacortes utility bill. This is an optional service for residential customers. Call 800-592-9995 to order your individual service and get more information on the types of food waste that are accepted. You may also visit Waste Management's website for more information.
Free E-Cycling Old Computers & TVs
If you have old computers, towers, laptops, monitors or TVs to get rid of you may drop them off at the Port of Anacortes, Cap Sante Marina, Space 32 in the web locker building. Hours are 10 a.m. to Noon on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Visit Anacortes Aktion Club for more information.