The City of Anacortes, in accordance with the Washington State Public Records Act RCW 42.56, allows for the inspection or copies of records unless specifically exempted by law. After submitting a request, you may be contacted to clarify your request or to coordinate delivery of records.
Tips for Requesting
- Check the electronic Document Center first. The record you seek may already be available to you there!
- If you have made a broad request because you are unsure what to ask for, invite the agency to have a conversation with you about what records may be most helpful and where would be best to start.
- Notify the agency if you are no longer interested in additional records or certain types of records
- Don’t combine a public records request with other correspondence or other requests for assistance or services.
- Know what format you want the records presented in.