October 13, 2019
Wyman's Marina is converted to an aquatic habitat (2013)
Sunday, October 13, 2019
202 U Avenue has had many lives. Starting in the 1880's it was first a mill built by Bowman and Company, in 1905 the mill was taken over by the Anacortes Lumber and Box Company, that is until it burned down in 1941. A year later in 42 Anacortes Shipways bought the property. During this period, Ray Robinson Jr. began to build "Robinson's Marina". The property would eventually get sold to the Port of Anacortes in 1965 though, and then leased to Neil J. Murphy in 1969. Murphy renamed the property, now calling it "Murphy's Marina." However his claim to the site would not last long as the lease would move to Don and Rayetta Wyman in 1973. The property would bear this name for 40 more years until recently in 2013, when The Port of Anacortes finally decided to put the site to rest, beginning the demolition of the Marina on October 13th, 2013. Today it is an aquatic habitat, and is probably enjoying the time off.