The R Avenue Long Term Improvements Project, Phases 3 and 5, will add improvements to the R Avenue corridor to enhance safety and multi-modal access.
The improvements will include:
- Constructing a roundabout at the high-volume R Avenue and 30th Street intersection
- New curb, gutter and sidewalks to 30th Street between R and Q avenues
- New curb, gutter and sidewalks to Q Avenue between 29th and 32th streets
- New curb, gutter and sidewalks to 29th Street between Q and Commercial avenues with a pedestrian crossing
- 10-foot wide multi-use sidewalks between 22nd and 34th streets
- Full median on R Avenue from 22nd Street to 34th Street
- Enhanced stormwater management features
- Street and pedestrian-scale lighting
- ADA accessible street crossings
To provide comment on the project, you may access the R Avenue Comment Mapping HERE!