We are looking for artists of all abilities and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call and we will help you through the process.
The theme for this exhibit is “Here Comes Summer” and you are free to interpret that in any way. Artwork will be installed in May 2018 and hang for approximately 6 months. We will be open for the First Friday Artwalk of June 1 and if chosen, will ask for your participation in the event. Below are guidelines for artists who wish to submit work:
- The exhibition is open to residents in the 98221 zip code
- Artists may submit up to 3 images of work to be considered
- Artwork must be for sale – a 30% commission on sales will support public art projects
- Artwork must come ready to hang
- The Arts Commission will oversee the selection and installation of the show
- Artwork will be insured during the time it is hung at City Hall
- Deadline for submitting work is April 30. Work should be available by May 21
Instructions to Submit:
- Include your name, the name of the artwork, the price and the medium (up to 3 submissions per artist)
- Images can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Images need to be sent as an attachment, not imbedded in a document.
Questions can be addressed to Mary Snyder at Anacortes Parks & Recreation at email@example.com or call 360-293-1918.