I came into office with a promise to provide an open transparent government with increased public process and access with a focus on building for the future by taking care of our environment and our children. Together our community has accomplished that and so much more.
I look forward to the next four years and there is much work to be done.
- Complete our Development Regulations and Design Standards which will provide quality of life and protection of our neighborhoods as our population grows.
- Finding a way to build a Community Youth Center. If we take care of our kids, we take care of our future.
- Continue to work on completion of the Guemes Channel Trail.
- Provide a robust municipal fiber optic network. This could be achieved in many ways from city owned to a public private partnership or even a private provider. It must have a financially solid model for the city to implement.
- Stabilize our funding for our infrastructure. We have been playing catchup to invest and repair after many years of lack of resources, but this has fallen on the citizens so I will work to balance the funding requirements with a watchful eye on the burden on the citizen for this infrastructure.
As always, your Mayor,