Effective at 7:00 p.m, March 16th, the Anacortes Public Library will be closed indefinitely. Library leadership will be monitoring the recommendations from the CDC & Governor Inslee’s office to make any further decisions regarding closure beyond this timeline. This decision was made in partnership with Mayor Gere and City Council to ensure that we all support each other’s safety by mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in our community. This closure means that access to in-person library service and the gathering spaces at the library are temporarily unavailable, but that does not mean that library services stop.
We will continue to provide all of the digital services you already love, while expanding what we can. We will have staff available to help you via phone during the closure from 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, as well as available via social media and email whenever possible. Thank you for your support and use of the library remotely during this unprecedented time.
We will keep our website up to date with any new developments and encourage you to enjoy the materials you may already have checked out. We are already a fine free library, and will not be charging for items that haven’t been returned during the closure. Items will be auto-renewed and all holds will be suspended. Return slots outside the building will be closed until the library reopens.
What Can You Do?
- Utilize digital resources 24/7 online using your library account information. This includes HOOPLA, Libby/Overdrive, and many more resources you can use to listen to audiobooks, stream films & television shows, read digital books, peruse magazines and newspapers, learn a new language, take an online learning course, and more.
- Read or watch any items you have currently checked out for the duration of the library closure.
- Stay in touch with our library staff on our website, Facebook, or Instagram, where we’ll be posting resources on storytimes, online resources, digital resources, and more. We’d love to encourage community conversations on reading and resources on our social media, and we’ll be sharing resources our librarians find both on social media platforms and on our website when possible.
- Sign up for our e-mail newsletter via our website for updates.
- Call us on weekdays with account queries, digital assistance, website instruction, and general reference questions: (360) 293-1910
- If you need a physical tax form and can’t print one from home, call us to print it and we will make every effort to locate and mail you the form you need.
Suspended Services for the Duration of the Library Closure:
- The Community Meeting Room and reservations for future bookings are unavailable to the public for the duration of the library closure.
- The bookdrop outside the library will be closed, please hold onto any materials you’ve checked out and enjoy them at home.
- Holds and requests for physical items are all suspended.
- Passport appointments are cancelled for the month of March and suspended until the library reopens. For immediate Passport assistance to find out what Passport facilities may be open, please call the National Passport Line: 1-877-487-2778
- The Friends of the Library Bookshop is closed. While we cannot accept book or item donations for the FOL Bookshop at this time, financial donations can be mailed to 1220 10th Street, Anacortes WA, 98221.
- While the library Red Bag Pantry shelves will be unavailable, those in need of food can go to the Anacortes Police Department or Fire Station for items made available by A Simple Gesture