How do I arrange for a civil standby?

A civil standby is completed when a person who is the respondent in a no-contact order wishes to remove basic items from a residence where he or she is not permitted to be by a court order. To arrange for a civil standby, please call our dispatch center at 360-428-3211. An Officer will be dispatched to assist and will contact both parties to set up a mutually agreeable time for the standby to occur. At the designated time, the Officer will remain at the residence while the respondent removes basic items. If you are the respondent in a no-contact order, do not contact the petitioner to set up a civil standby yourself; you may be subject to criminal charges for violating the order.

Show All Answers

1. How do I arrange for a civil standby?
2. How do the Anacortes Police Department Use of Force polices align with national recommendations?
3. I have a Landlord-Tenant issue. Can the police help me?
4. What should I do about a violation of a parenting plan?
5. I am the victim of a telephone scam. What can I do?
6. How do I obtain a no-contact order against someone?
7. I saw something suspicious or witnessed a crime taking place. How soon should I contact the police?
8. I am interested in employment as a Police Officer. How do I begin the application process?